Linen sheets are one of the safer bedding options to buy online. They are made from a single fabric, so there is no risk of coming into contact with other chemicals or materials that could harm your health. Additionally, linen sheets aren’t subject to wear and tear, which can prolong their life span.
Top Reasons to Buy Linen Sheets
Linen sheets are a luxurious and comfortable choice for bedding. Here are five reasons to buy them:
- They’re breathable and cool: Linen is naturally air- and moisture-resistant, so it keeps you more relaxed in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- They’re wrinkle-free: Linen is a tightly woven fabric that doesn’t stretch out or wrinkles when you move around in bed.
- They’re easy to care for: Linen is a low-maintenance fabric – just take it off the bed each night and hang it up to dry.
- They last a long time: Unlike other fabrics, linen isn’t prone to wear and tear – your sheets will look good for years to come.
- They’re eco-friendly: Linen is made from sustainable resources, so you can feel good about spending your hard-earned money on something special (and environmentally friendly).
Different Types of Linen Sheets
There are a few different types of sheets available today. Egyptian cotton sheets are made from long, fine fibres woven into a sheet. They’re usually heavier and more expensive than other sheets, but they’re also Exceptionally soft and luxurious. Japanese cotton sheets are made from shorter fibres woven into a sheet. They tend to be lighter and less expensive than Egyptian cotton sheets, but they’re not as soft. Spanish cotton sheets are made from even shorter fibres woven into a sheet. They tend to be less expensive than Japanese cotton sheets, but they don’t have as much durability or strength.
How to Clean and Care for Your Linen
Cleaning and caring for your sheets is an important part of keeping them looking their best. Here are four tips to help you get the most out of your linens:
- Start by cleaning the surface where the sheet will be placed. Use a mild detergent and warm water. Gently scrub with a soft cloth until the surface is clean.
- Rinse the sheet thoroughly in cool water. Be sure to agitate it so that all the soap is removed.
- Hang or place on a drying rack to air dry completely. Do not try to wring out the towel or use a clothes dryer, as this may cause damage to the fabric.
- Once dry, gently press down any wrinkles with your hands or a pillowcase if necessary.
Tips on Buying and Finding the Right Linen Size
When shopping for sheets, it is important to remember that different people have different body types and comfort needs. There are a few basics to keep in mind when purchasing sheets:
- Find the right size for your mattress. Linen sheet sizes range from extra-small all the way up to king-size. If you do not know the dimensions of your mattress, find out at the store.
- Measure your bed frame and compare measurements to the size chart provided by the retailer. Most sheets fit standard U.S., Canadian, or British mattresses; however, there may be variations in sizing between brands or models. Make sure to read the description of each sheet for specific notes about fitment.
- Consider your sleep style when looking for sheets. Do you like a soft pillow top? Are you a light sleeper who wants noise-cancelling sheets? Find sheets that will match your sleep environment and comfort level.
- Think about what type of fabric you want your sheets made of. Some fabrics are more comfortable than others against the skin, so consider whether you want cotton or silk sheets.